Most people dread the thought of moving, yet those same people love it when they move. Why? Most likely it’s emotional attachment and nostalgia for a beloved home. It’s understandable but yet a home that just doesn’t fit your needs any longer can make even the most loved home uncomfortable. Are you wondering if it’s time to move?
Here are 6 telltale signs that you should consider putting the “for sale” sign up in your front yard.
1. Your Home is Too Small – One of the most common signs is that you’ve outgrown your home.
2. Your Home is Too Large – Life changes! Empty nesters often find the home too large and it’s maintenance too much when they finally have time to travel and relax.
3. Your Home is Too Expensive – Are you spending all your extra cash making repairs or do you want major upgrades to suit your lifestyle?
4. The Neighborhood is Losing Value – Neighborhoods do change over time, if yours is declining consider a move. Contact us to find out that the home values are doing in your neighborhood.
5. Changing the Weather – Have you finally tired of shoveling snow? A move to a warmer state could be the right move. Check out the top 10 cities with the best weather.
6. Change is Good – The last great reason to move is to try something new. Different style or location, if the home isn’t making you happy any longer, time to move.
Thinking about selling your home? Give us a call to find out the current market value of your home in Golden, Lakewood, Littleton, Wheat Ridge or Arvada and to find out the best time of year to list your home.