Winter months bring cold days and long nights. While you wait for the weather to warm up so you can get out into the garden, there are still plenty of great DIY projects to tackle, even in the winter.
Here Are 7 Terrific Ideas for the Do-It-Yourself-er In You:
- Paint Your Walls – Paint an accent wall or an entire room with a fresh color.
- Declutter – Sure this sounds like a fancy name for house cleaning,but decluttering is more than that. Remove excess furnishings to make your rooms seem larger and more inviting.
- Update Your Kitchen – A new backsplash or cabinet pulls can quickly change the look and feel of your kitchen.
- Add Insulation – This will provide instant satisfaction as those cold, drafty rooms feel warm and cozy. If you have some real skill, you can include changing out old windows or doors as well.
- Smarten Up – This is a great time to automate your home with Smart devices. Add security cameras, a smart thermostat or smart lights and plugs.
- Build Something – For the handy, winter months are a great time to add cabinets, a TV hutch or bookshelves to your home.
- Re-Grout Your Tile – From kitchen counters to floors, re-grouting can freshenup the room.
Before Undergoing A Costly Renovation Project Consider Your Return On Investment:
Not all home improvement projects are created equal in terms of return on your investment. According to HGTV these 15 Home Updates Will Pay Off when you resell your home.
Consider Buyers Expectations Before You Begin:
Are you thinking of doing some home renovations this winter and wondering what projects will give you the best bang for your buck in terms of re-sale in the Denver Real Estate Market? We’re happy to discuss with you what improvements you can make to your home to increase the value in Golden, Arvada, Lakewood or Wheat Ridge just give us a call 720.819.6189.