With the start of the New Year, thoughts naturally turn to change. If one of your New Year’s Resolutions is to sell your home, then making the right resolutions can help you sell your home quickly and for the best possible return.
Top 7 New Year’s Resolutions for Home Sellers
- Move Up Spring Cleaning – Time to do your spring cleaning now. Declutter, depersonalize and make the home look roomier.
- Stage Your Home – Whether you hire someone or do it yourself, this is the time to rearrange your furniture to make your rooms look bigger and brighter.
- Think it Through–Before you spend money on renovations and upgrades, think carefully and don’t overspend by guessing. It’s a good idea to consult a real estate professional to better understand which improvements are going to give you the best return when you list your home.
- Take Care of Neglected Repairs This is a great time to hire a handyman or breakout the tool belt to take care of deferred maintenance and take care of minor repairs.
- Interview Real Estate Agents – Hiring a real estate agent is critical to your success. Take the time to interview a number of agents and choose the right one for your needs.
- Check out the Competition – Go see homes listed for sale in your area and adjust your timing, staging and pricing based on the market.
- Prepare Mentally –Selling a home can be stressful. Be prepared for low offers, picky buyers, drop-by agents and odd terms. Prepare yourself now so you will take them in stride when you’re on the market.
Give us a call if you would like to find out more about the value of your home in Golden, Arvada, Wheat Ridge or Lakewood and how to time your move so you get the most money for your home 720.819.6289.
Additional Articles You May Enjoy…