Once the New Year arrives, thought turns to ways to improve our health, our finances and our schedules. Getting organized in one of the most common New Year’s Resolutions, along with losing weight and finding love; if it’s one of yours as well, here are 5 great ways to get organized.
- Create a Cleaning Schedule – Everyone likes a clean home but very few people like a huge cleaning project. Build a schedule which allows you to clean as you go – daily tasks which are quick and easy to accomplish as part of the routine.
- Pull out the Crock Pot – Planning meals are easy with a crock pot or pressure cooker. Start your evening meal before you leave for work.
- Enlist Help – Everyone in the household can help out with daily tasks. Hold a meeting and assign each person with tasks and chores that best suit their interests.
- Set Goals – Create manageable and quantifiable goals and measure achievement weekly.
- Prioritize – The most important way to organize your life is to set priorities. Not everything has to be accomplished all at once. Be realistic and start small. Set goals based on what’s most important.
Tackling bigger projects around the house bit more time so schedule them a little bit at a time so you will get them done.
If you live in the Denver Metro, Golden, Arvada, Wheat Ridge or Lakewood areas and you have some bigger home improvement projects you want to tackle this year we have a great list of preferred vendors that we’d be happy to refer you to that can help you get your projects done. Contact us and we’ll email you the list.